What Is Biaxin?
Biaxin belongs to the class of macrolide antibiotics, which kills harmful bacteria in the body. This antibiotic is highly effective in treating bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, tonsillitis, dermal infections, and bacterial stomach ulcer.
You can buy Biaxin in tablets of 250 or 500 milligrams (mg). Its dosage depends on the type of infection you have. Consult your doctor about how to take the drug in your case.
Take the whole Biaxin pill and wash it down with a glass of water. Take pills directly as it was prescribed.
You can take the drug with or without food. Taking Biaxin with food will help reduce the chance of stomach upset.
You should take Biaxin throughout the entire term of your treatment, even if your health condition is improving. Improvement can come before the total disposal of infection contamination.
Whenever you take the drug, be sure to take all prescribed doses. Many people stop taking them when they start to feel better. It is not a good idea.
If the medicine does not kill all the bacteria, they may change (mutate) to survive even when taking the drug. When this happens, that drug will stop working. It is called acquiring resistance to the drug.
Do not start to take Biaxin if you currently take Propulsid, Orap, or Seldane.
Inform your doctor if you have kidney or liver disorders before taking the drug. In this case, you may need a reduced dosage of the antibiotic with medical observation during treatment.
Biaxin falls into the C category according to FDA classification. If you are pregnant, do not take the drug without consulting with your doctor. It is not known whether the medicine can harm a fetus.
If you are a feeding mother, do not also take the drug without consulting your doctor.
Hypersensitivity to clarithromycin, erythromycin, or other macrolide antibiotics is a contraindication to taking Biaxin.
Biaxin Side Effects
If you experience one or several side effects listed below, stop taking the drug immediately and contact your health care provider:
- an allergic reaction (respiratory impediment; narrowing of respiratory tracts; labium edema, a tongue, a face or an eruption);
- liver damage ( yellowing of skin or eyes proteins, nausea, pains or unpleasant sensations in a stomach, an unusual bleeding or hematomas, strong fatigue).
You can also have some less serious side effects. Continue to take the drug and inform your doctor if you start to feel:
- giddiness, fatigue or headache;
- vaginal thrush;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or abdominal pain.
Biaxin can become the cause of the dangerous side effects if interacted with the following medications:
- antihistamine drugs, such as Seldane and Hismanal;
- antiepileptic agents, such as Tegretol, Dilantin, and Depakote, or Depakene;
- medicines for asthma treatment, such as Theo-Dur, Theolair, Theochron, etc;
- anticoagulants (blood liquefies), such as warfarin (Coumadin);
- cardiac drugs, such as digoxin (Lanoxin) and Disopyramide (Norpace);
- Ergotamine (ergostat) or dihydroergotamine (D.H.E.);
- Benzodiazepines, such as Diazepam (Valium), triazolam (Halcion), alprazolam (Xanax) and others;
- sildenafil (Viagra) or vardenafil (Levitra); or
- other antibiotics.
Do not start to take Biaxin without consultation with your doctor if you take any of the listed above drugs.
If you missed a dose, take medicine as soon as you remember. It is almost about the time of the next drug intake, avoid taking the missed dose.
Where Can You Buy Biaxin?
You can buy Biaxin online or from your local drugstore if you have a prescription for this drug. The drug is not available over the counter in the United States.
You can also try to order Biaxin generic 500mg or 250mg from online pharmacy, which do not require a prescription. However, in this case you are risking to get the drug of poor quality.
|Dosage||Quantity||Price||Price per Pill|
|250 mg||32 pills||$102.99||$3.22|
|250 mg||28 pills||$107.99||$3.86|
|250 mg||60 pills||$175.99||$2.93|
|250 mg||92 pills||$218.99||$2.38|
|250 mg||84 pills||$221.99||$2.64|
|250 mg||120 pills||$256.99||$2.14|
|250 mg||180 pills||$346.99||$1.93|
|Dosage||Quantity||Price||Price per Pill|
|500 mg||32 pills||$143.99||$4.50|
|500 mg||28 pills||$150.99||$5.39|
|500 mg||60 pills||$244.99||$4.08|
|500 mg||92 pills||$337.99||$3.67|
|500 mg||120 pills||$396.99||$3.31|